Nynäshamn Church rises on a cliff by the harbour. With its characteristic profile, it is an excellent navigation mark for sailors.
Nynäshamn Church was designed by Professor Lars Israel Wahlman and completed in 1930. The church sewing circle and Kyrkans Vänner (the Friends of the Church) had been collecting money and gifts for over 15 years to pay for the building work. The church was "stitched together".
Nynäshamn didn't become a parish in its own rights until the end of 1946/ start of 1947. The Friends of the Church had been responsible for running the church since 1930. There was previously a lighthouse on this rock, which guided sailors into Nynäshamn.
You can get around with a pram, wheelchair and walker in both the church (except up to the stands in the church) and the parish building. The parish building has an elevator. There is a toilet, a handicap accessible toilet and baby changing facilities in both the church and the parish building. There is a hearing loop in the church. Child seats are available in the parish building. The parish has 10 "own" parking spots with the sign "Reserved for visitors to the church." In addition, there are about 20 places for the public.