There are currently five steam locomotives, six diesel locomotives, with accompanying people and goods carriers. All vehicles have been built since the turn of the century. The listed locomotive stable houses the museum and has been standing since 1900. A year after it was built the railway between Stockholm and Nynäshamn opened.
During the annual Skärgårdsdagen (The Day of the Archipelago) and the Christmas Market one can take a return trip to Stockholm from Nynäshamn with the steam train, organised by the railway museum.
Accessibility: The area has not been made accessible for baby strollers, wheelchairs, and walkers, but where the surface is flat it is possible to have easy access. However, it may be difficult to enter the locomotives with wheelchairs or strollers in the case of a disability. Bathrooms are available (not wheelchair accessible). There is no baby changing table available. The Railway Museum does not have an own parking lot, but it is perfectly fine to park on the parking lot by Nynäsgård train station – approximately 200 meter from the museum. Both the buildings and the area are listed and can therefore not be remodelled. As well as a museum, it is also a workshop and is full of life; therefore there may at times be a few things out of place in the museum.
Opening hours 2016:
July-August, every Sunday
1 pm - 4 pm
Other times during the year:
last Sunday each month 1 pm - 4 pm.
(Not open in December and January.)
Group tours are reserved via the museum manager Lars Theler
+46 (0)8 754 24 34
Free entrance for children
under 7 years.